Our analytics team empowers our customers to make well-informed, data-driven decisions through a holistic approach. We combine an expert application of new software and technologies with a unique perspective on bridging the traditional Business-IT divide. Our ability to quickly create value through innovative solutions is key to the success of our effective Business Intelligence consultancy.
At InterWorks, we know the difference a quality Analytics Consultant can make to project outcomes. That is why we take pride in employing Analytics Consultants who are intelligent, articulate and passionate about their work. While a strong understanding of data analytics and a solid technological foundation are important, we strongly value the character of an Analytics Consultant and focus on their ability to meaningfully connect with customers.
Analytics consultants work hand-in-hand with clients and must possess friendly and engaging personalities. Their primary goal must be to help clients understand and manipulate data in order to gain value from it. That value may be created through technical processes like SQL or ETL, or may be rooted in visual analytics tools like Tableau. Ultimately, our Analytics Consultants need to apply a variety of skillsets, from tech foundation to business application, not just meeting client needs, but exceeding them.
InterWorks' Analytics Consultants build projects for a diverse range of clients and industries, from Fortune 500 to local business. Our projects stretch end-to-end within the analytics spectrum, ranging from data capture & storage all the way through the board room's forecast analysis. Project teams may include technical specialists in component disciplines as well as business focused generalists. You may work as part of a team that requires specialties in data capture and storage, ETL, data science, dashboarding, training or change management. Agile development methodologies run throughout our engagements; the ability to adapt to change quickly is crucial.
InterWorks provides an exciting work environment, with a unique (and downright nerdy) company culture. Our employees are some of the most intelligent and friendly people you will ever meet, and they are the primary reason for the success of InterWorks. Joining the InterWorks team as an Analytics Consultant means joining a rapidly growing family.
Skills and Requirements
Here are some basic characteristics that we look for in our Analytics Consultants:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for interacting with people, both co-workers and clients
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- ETL Concepts and Best Practices for data feeding analytics systems
- SQL skills
- Business acumen and understanding of the role of business intelligence
- Easily adaptable and flexible to changing situations
- Passion for delivering compelling solutions that exceed client expectations
- Comfortable with 50% travel or more
- Tableau Software Experience (Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server)
- BI & Analytics Tools (e.g. Oracle/Hyperion, Cognos, Qlik, or Business Objects)
- Big Data distributions (e.g. Cloudera CDH, Hadoop, HBase, Pig, Hive)
- Big Data Analytics Solutions (e.g. HP Vertica, Oracle NoSQ DBL, Hadoop Loader, EXASOL)
- ETL Tools (e.g. Alteryx, SyncSort, Informatica, Data Stage, SSIS, Pentaho)
- Application Warehouses (e.g. Teradata, Netezza, Oracle BI, SAP)
InterWorks is a business-to-business IT consulting firm based out of Stillwater, Oklahoma with staff in Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, San Diego, New York, San Francisco, Australia and in Europe. We opened our doors in 1996 to focus on IT networking with an emphasis on customer service. Still focusing on the needs of the customer, we now serve clients by offering network architecture, software development, web strategy and business intelligence services on a national and global scale.